4.11.2016

Week 36 - You don't have the WhatsApp?


                                                        I found this !

Send pics of baby Arlen!!!!!! aww haha baby g is so cute!! ANGELS IN THE OUTFIELD!! Throwback minha nossa!!! love that movie!! conference was great! I only got to assist one session in English because we don’t have any other American sisters in our zone or district, only 4 American elders and me, so I couldn’t just stay with the elders alone haha! I wanted to assist in English, but it´s cool to realize how much I have learned and know in Portuguese now, cause when I got to the mission, we had conference about 3 weeks after I got here, and I didn’t understand hardly anything...so yeah I have a lot to learn ainda but it´s just really awesome to see the work and help of the lord with the dom das linguas (gift of tongues). haha!!!
We have been praying and fasting to find families to help our branch turn into a ward and help our district turn into a stake...cause when that happens there´s more of a chance of getting a temple in Natal!!! WAHOOO WHEN THAT DAY ARRIVES, I WILL CRY!! There is a lot of opposition and people that don’t commit! they say they know what they should do but they just don’t do anything about it!! but really Heavenly father has blessed us so much , we have found some great families to teach! it´s just hard to get a whole family to go to church cause they are just used to working on Sundays and getting everything ready for the week on Sundays and minha nossa everyone is like no I need to make lunch I cant go to church in the morning if I have to make lunch....!!!!!!   Lunch here is sooo big, they start cooking at like 8-9 in the morning!!! it smells sooo good in the streets though hahah!! we are teaching a couple families really great.  I really do miss just worrying about my clothes and makeup before church, but now we run around to wake people up and try and get the motivated to go to church with us!! our church starts at 8:30! don’t have a lot of members, but the church is growing, just got to liven some people up here in the ward!! LETS GO PEOPLE!!! but yeah we had some opposition this week...for example we had one guy that straight up told us that we were wasting our time and that the scripture in the bible in Atos (Acts ?) that talks about false prophets is really talking about us missionaries and then as I got up and straight up left him and his loucuras (ramblings) behind he said that we will go to hell....haha after that I was just so angry at him and how he was disrespecting us that way...but then I started to think of the primary song I´m Trying to be like Jesus haha and then I started to smile and talk with more people in the street and invited them to church! It´s really important. What I’ve learning in the mission, is that in these moments it´s really important to keep on trying, to look up in faith and to remember that I KNOW this church is true and that I KNOW MY heavenly FATHER AND MY Savior love me, and just to keep on working! if we stay sad or angry, that´s what Satan wants, so it´s important to use the Atonement in our lives to stay positive and hopeful and to keep testifying of the truth.
I love this gospel, and I have faith that through the trials that I am having here in Sousa will help me get closer to my Savior and that the day with arrive when I get to see the fruits of my labors! I am truly so grateful to be a missionary in Brazil...I’m so grateful for this gospel, for the Book of Mormon and for the Atonement in my life!!! I love my family too...mom and dad, thanks for being so great! dad, your email to Scott and me was just amazing, it´s so nice to know that I have wonderful parents that have a strong testimony of the Gospel! Keep serving and loving others!!! manda um abraço para the Mowreys!! love them all!!

Funny experience: we were walking down the street and some guy pulled over and stopped on his motorcycle and he started to talk about WhatsApp (an application that everyone has here..like imessage on the iphone) and I was like oh no sorry we don’t have Whatsapp...haha he just looked at me like what are you crazy..?? then I realize that there was a guy behind me sitting in a chair outside his door haha the guy on the motorcycle was talking to him but I was just like in the zone walking and thinking to myself about stuff and I was just like minha nossa how embarrassing...but after that we started to talk to them and invited them to church and we are starting to visit one of the guys..haha funny how things work!!!


Can you guys send me a recipe of cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting...thanks!!! 
love you guys!! have a great week!!!

Sister Talentino

I love the sunsets here!
 Preaching to the cows!
Herbies everywhere!

No comments :

Post a Comment